This post feels really lame and pretentious of me, but I’m trying this new thing wherein I don’t delete old posts just ’cause they’re embarrassing AF. (Feb 2018 edit)
Hello, hi! 2015 for me is going to be super-productive — at least, that’s the plan — and I plan to blog about things I do more often this year.
I’m contemplating starting a physical product-related Etsy business. I’m also going to form an LLC so I can maybe start consulting people (blogging, communities, etc), as well as have my personal assets protected, and I’m hoping to complete my semi-allergy-free cookbook by the end of the year. (It’s a small one, and it’ll be an eBook, but I do have plans for the future to publish a physical copy of a cookbook.)
Inspired by Christine, I’m sharing the tools I’ll be using/I already use to help make my life easier.
- Pretty Link — You might have seen it already. It “masks” or “cloaks” links, but really, I just use it because 1) going to get my affiliate links all the time gets time-consuming, and this was, the links are ready to go in my dashboard, and I can track total and unique clicks from my dashboard; 2) very rarely, companies change the program they use. CodeGuard recently did this. Instead of finding every place I linked to it, I can just change that one link with this plugin. It literally looks like 6birds.net/codeguard. Furthermore, I can set it to nofollow from the settings when I add the link. Easy-peasy, but not sleazy.~
*I have the free version.
(So in case you’ve been weary, it’s solely because of my laziness, not because I want to trick you. o.- )
- Gramblr — I can upload pictures to Instagram from my desktop quickly and easily.
- BlueStacks — My Android is an old version, and it can only take so many apps. Thankfully, this program acts like a phone, so I can install anything from Google Play into the program… including Instagram. I recently discovered this (as in 31st December 2014-recently), so I don’t know how much longer I will be using Gramblr. I downloaded this app player originally so I could have Instagram, because I need it since 1) my phone can’t do screenshots and 2) I want to stay logged into my personal Instagram on my phone. This app player will be/is logged into Project Z’s Instagram.
- Duolingo — I am relearning Spanish. I took Spanish I in eighth grade, and Spanish II the following year. Like skating, I forgot it, because I didn’t practice/continuing using it. I’m relearning it so that I might be able to possibly help someone who doesn’t speak English, even if it’s just text-based, or so that I could translate various things for others to use. Whatever the case, I feel it’ll come in handy later on down the line. Now I just need to figure out where I can learn ASL…
- Google Drive — This is where I store my shit. It works quite well, and I can upload and download things as needed if/when I need/have to work offline. Plus, I ran out of space on Dropbox. 🙁
- AMPPS — I actually have Liz and Code on this, and it’s where/how I work on it without actually publishing posts to the entire world. I’m also able to work on different things live and without losing the progress, as well as when I am without Internet. c:
- @dictionarycom — A new word a day allows me to expand my vocabulary! Ex.I have spent Christmastide being sick. For most people (me, for example), blogs are all a person reads. Therefore, I’m expanding my vocabulary not only for myself and to become a better writer, but to potentially assist in expanding the vocabulary of another’s.
- Relevant blogs I read: byRegina, Sarah Von Bargen’s Small Business Blog,
- Member of: Aspies Central, DayDreamz, XenForo Community, Wispie (and the BBN, but you know… Project Z. :p)
- Wishlist: EPIC BLOG: One-Year Editorial Planner, EPIC DAY Notepad for Creatives… There is more, but I’m too gfdjk to list it at the moment. :p
Projects/Challenges/etc. to do
- Watch 100 movies in 2015 (tracking via Letterboxd)
- 30-day vegan challenge as constructed by Yours Truly
- Learn to love myself
Create a 101 in 1001 days listand actually do it. Or don’t. NBD.
(I created a 101 in 1001 list.)
It’s actually really tempting to talk about Project Z to everyone rather than just Nancy, Harrison and Charlise, because I’m so excited, but I don’t want to deal with any potential feedback about it (because I know people hate change, and I’ve a feeling they’ll hate the name change), even if certain changes needed to happen to save my ass later.
What I can say is, I needn’t constantly edit Liz and Code posts to work without Project Z anymore, because it’s surprisingly going according to plan again/now. I wanted to have it happen by the new year, and it’s only being delayed for approximately a month… And I talked a lot about it in posts I wrote for Liz and Code[1. Aspies are like textbooks; we can store categories of information in our heads about our special interests, and I needed to get so much of what was in my head out, because it was just a lot, and this blog just needed to happen, okay.], and now that it’s actually happening, it’s like things are going to be okay… because somehow, things turned out the way they were supposed to, even with all that drama I dealt with.
In 2014, I spent a lot of time wishing I had some sort of entertainment blog, but I really neither need nor want yet another blog, especially when Project Z’s going to be consuming a lot of my time, and I’ve also been slacking with personal blogging (but my life’s been boring lately…). Thus, I’ve decided that here, I’m going to have what I want instead of making a new blog.~
DIYs and talk of television, movies and games are totes going to happen. I’m also going to start a series featuring desks, and I’ll post more info on that later. Because I’m picky, high-quality pictures are a must of the desks. Desks are cool, though, ya know? It’ll be like an interview series of sorts, but it’s about desks… and people can tell about their desks, and I can finally have a collection of desks on my own blog rather than on Tumblr and Pinterest and my bookmarks…!
If you loved this post, please share or buy me a pretzel: